Job Description: Internal Verifier
Reporting to: Coach Education Manager
Key Interface with: WW Coach Education Manager & WW Business Support Officer
Location: Home based, although may include course observations
Salary: Please contact Joanne Calvino for further details
Job Summary: To be responsible for the Internal Verification & monitoring the quality of assessment within the Weightlifting Wales Education Programme
Expression of To express an interest for this post please email your CV to
- Work with the Coach Education Manager and Weightlifting Wales Assessors
- To verify assessment decisions ensuring national standards are maintained and assessment needs of the candidates are being met
- Completing all necessary paperwork required per course
- Work with the Coach Education Manager to support assessors to develop their skills
- To uphold the organisational values and behaviours of Welsh Weightlifting
This list is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive as there will inevitably be other duties and requirements associated with the post which Weightlifting Wales may reasonably call upon the post holder to perform.
- Internal Verification policies & procedures
- Sorts specific Awarding bodies
- Working both independently and as part of a performance managed team
- Communicating with a range of Weightlifting personnel.
- Making objective and fact based decisions
- Monitoring and delivering to plans
- Managing people and driving performance improvement
Skills and Ability:
- An experienced, knowledgeable and successful in the internal verification process
- Willingness to learn and share new and innovative assessment ideas and skills
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Be a good team player, able to develop effective internal working relationships and with a number of external agencies
- Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work and able to organize him/herself and others effectively
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Energetic with the ability to influence, inspire and motivate
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to operate as a team player
- Ability to build trust and confidence
- Self discipline, motivation and reliability with the ability to work independently
- Full clean driving license
- Candidates must hold an IQA qualification. Educated to degree level will be desirable but not essential.
- A background in sports education, especially weightlifting is desirable, but not essential
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
***The above list is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as there may be other duties and requirements commensurate with the post and grade of which the job holder may be required to perform from time to time.***
WW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
WW is a recognised equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
Some of the data on your CV will be subject to the Data Protection Act/General Data Protection Regulations. Weightlifting Wales has a legitimate interest in holding this data, to facilitate the recruitment process and ensure the right decision is made on the appointment. The data will be held securely and not disclosed to others. It will be held for twelve months and then destroyed, unless you are appointed to the role, in which case, all of the recruitment paperwork will be transferred to your employment file, which would comprise paper and electronic documents.
If you wish to receive a copy of our Equality and Diversity Policy and/or Data Protection Policy, please request this from the Business Support Officer