TENNIS WALES LIMITED
LAWN TENNIS ASSOCIATION COUNCILLOR
Applications are invited from members of tennis clubs in Wales to undertake the role of Councillor of The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA). The role is to:
- Represent Tennis Wales Limited (TWL) in the Council National Governing Body of the LTA.
- To report to each Board Meeting of TWL on LTA matters of relevance to TWL.
- To support TWL at LTA events.
This a voluntary role with travelling and subsistence expenses paid in full. The duties are:
- To attend LTA Council Meetings – four days per annum.
- To be a member of at least one LTA Committee and one LTA Working Party – three days per annum per committee and three days per annum per working party.
- To attend LTA County events as an LTA representative – minimum of two days per annum.
- To support TWL sponsors at The Championships at Wimbledon – six days per annum.
- To attend at least two TWL Board Meeting per annum (if not a Board Member).
The appointment is for a minimum period of three years with a maximum term of nine years subject to satisfactory performance. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants should have a sound knowledge of the tennis scene in Wales. Applications will be considered by the Board and the two County Committees of TWL with the appointment being made by the Board. The role commences on 1st January 2019 prior to which there will be a period of training.
Applications should be in writing to:
The Company Secretary
Tennis Wales Limited
No 2 Drake Walk
The deadline for receiving applications is 30th April 2018 with interviews following shortly.
Tennis Wales is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Data Protection: Tennis Wales collects this data for legitimate business purposes. Contact details will be for the use of Tennis Wales Ltd and its interview panel only. Details will not be forwarded onto a third party without your permission. If you are not successful in your application your details will be removed from our database 6 months after the position closing date.
By applying for this position you give consent to Tennis Wales Ltd to process the data supplied on your application for the purposes stated above.