The Welsh Sports Association (WSA) is a professional, not-for-profit company registered in England and Wales (number 05835990) whose offices are based at Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9SW. Our mission is to empower, equip and inspire our members to be stronger, more successful and sustainable businesses. By joining the WSA an organisation joins a team of like-minded organisations interested in working with and promoting high standards of service and professionalism. WSA captures the power of this team to reduce costs through collaboration and shared services and hopes to address common challenges by shared business solutions.
In order to ensure that we achieve this, we require our members to subscribe to the following Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) which apply to the provision of membership and Services. You are deemed to have accepted these T&Cs when you submit payment for membership or accept/use WSA services (whichever happens first) and these T&Cs and your membership form are the entire agreement between us.
1. All members of WSA must agree to be bound by the Articles of the Company and the Byelaws, Rules and Regulations as amended from time to time, copies of which can be found on the WSA website at http://wsa.wales/membership/membership-application/. A paper copy can be supplied on request.
2. WSA expects members to maintain high standards of professionalism at all times and operate their organisation in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
3. It is the responsibility of each potential member to ensure that all information provided in the Application for Membership Form is correct to the best of their knowledge.
4. Different membership categories exist with different rights and privileges as approved by the WSA Board of Directors:
4.1. (National) Member means a recognised National Governing Body or Group accepted into membership under the provisions of the WSA Articles (with a National remit)
4.2. Associate (member) can be any organization that plays a key role in Wales, regionally and locally.
5. WSA is not obliged to accept every application for membership or give any reason for refusal.
5.1. An appeal against refusal of membership may be made by giving written notice to the Company within two months of the receipt of written notification of the decision.
6. Membership resignation must be provided in writing to the WSA registered address, verbal or email resignation will not be accepted.
7. Membership shall automatically cease if a member fails to pay any money due to the Company including without limitation any affiliation fee due.
8. The Company acting reasonably may expel any member if it shall change its rules or constitution in such a manner as to lead the Company to consider that it no longer qualifies for membership or that it is otherwise inappropriate that membership should continue or if the conduct of the member (or members of it) shall bring the Company into disrepute.
9. All data held by WSA is held and processed in accordance with our policies, your rights and our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
10. We warrant that we shall use reasonable care and skill in the performance of our Services; we can make any changes to the Services we provide which are necessary to comply with any changes in the law or safety requirements, and we will notify you of any such changes.
11. No liability shall attach to WSA, our directors, our employees, or retained consultants for loss or damage of any kind, including lost profits or other consequential losses, suffered as a result of the use of, or inability to use, our Services or for any errors or omissions in the contents of any forms or documents on our website.
12. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use(s) of your membership Services or any other breaches of security including data security.
13. If you do not agree to abide by these T&Cs you are not authorized to use our Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
14. Membership does not transfer from WSA to you any WSA or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with WSA. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our website, membership or Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of WSA or our Partners. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our website or Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our website and Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any WSA, Partner or third-party trademarks unless prior agreement has been given.
Links to other websites
15. Although the WSA website may provide links to other websites, we are not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, endorsement, or affiliation with any linked website, unless specifically stated. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating linked websites, particularly those of members, and we do not warrant the content of them. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services and content of any other third parties. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any website which you access through a link from the WSA website. Linking to any other off-site pages or other websites from our website is at your own risk.
16. On becoming a member and by using our Services you agree to indemnify and hold WSA and its directors, officers, employees, consultants and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third-party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your membership or use of the WSA website or Services or any willful misconduct on your part.
17. Failure by WSA to enforce the performance of any provision in these T&Cs conditions shall not constitute a waiver of the right to subsequently enforce that provision or any other provision. Such failure shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach and shall not constitute a continuing waiver.
18. In the event that one or more of the provisions of these T&Cs are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these T&Cs. The remainder of these T&Cs shall be valid and enforceable.
Law and Jurisdiction
19. These T&Cs are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute relating to them shall fall within that jurisdiction.
Changes and Amendments to these T&Cs
20. WSA reserves the right to modify its T&Cs or its policies, or Services at any time without notice, effective upon posting of an updated version of the T&Cs on the WSA website. Continued membership and use of the Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Welsh Sports Association
Sport Wales National Centre
Cardiff CF11 9SW