Mountain Training United Kingdom is seeking to recruit two new non-executive directors to join its six person Board. The Board consists of a mix of independent Directors and Directors with sector-related knowledge and experience. In this round of recruitment we are interested to receive applications from people with experience of the adventure activities sector.
This post is non-salaried. Directors’ travel and reasonable expenses are reimbursed.
Mountain Training UK’s main aim, as stated in its Articles of Association is:
“the advancement for the public benefit of education and training (in conjunction where appropriate with other persons or bodies) in the skills required for doing, leading and instructing safe hill, mountain, moorland and countryside walking, mountaineering and rock, ice and indoor climbing, and other associated activities, and to offer advice on matters of training and safety”.
The role of Mountain Training UK is to coordinate the shared objectives of the national Mountain Training boards.
Our areas of work include:
- Development and management of our website, the Candidate Management System and the online logbook
- Administration of the Mountaineering Instructor Award, Mountaineering Instructor Certificate, International Mountain Leader and climbing Coaching Scheme
- Liaison with Government and other external bodies
- Creation of the official handbooks of the schemes
- Development of the Mountain Training Association (MTA)
- Providing services for the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI), British Association of International Mountain Leaders (BAIML) and the British Mountain Guides (BMG)
How Do I Apply?
Please send your CV together with a letter/personal statement giving your reasons for wishing to become a Director of Mountain Training UK to: Cath Luke firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5.00 pm on 11 February 2018.
This appointment is to be confirmed by the Members at the General Meeting on Saturday 24 March 2018 at Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore.
Interview date: A date in late February/ early March to be confirmed. Interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype.