To oversee the creation and delivery of the Board’s strategy and policies in respect of Performance, comprising the development and delivery of an effective talent pathway in Wales and the delivery of the Welsh Commonwealth Games Squash Team.
The role of the Director is to:
- Provide expertise and assist in the development of performance strategies for the organisation
- Chair Squash Wales Team and Performance Programme selection committees;
- attend meetings of the Commonwealth Games Council for Wales;
- provide the Board with expert advice in the area of Performance;
- submit Performance strategies and policies for approval by the Board;
- In consultation with the Squash Wales Director for coaching and development, report to the Board annually on the effectiveness of Company’s Performance strategy and plans.
Note: Operational and day to day steering of the HPC’s is the responsibility of the Squash Wales Director for coaching and development. It is not the remit for this role.
In order to carry out this role, the elected Director will need the following skills, knowledge and qualities (in addition to those required of all Directors):
- An in-depth practical knowledge of Performance Sport and the key attributes of an effective talent pathway;
- Experience of playing, coaching or direct exposure to high performance athletes and their programmes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of the fundamental requirements associated with operating and being successful within a world class sporting environment.
Closing date for applications: 26th October 2018
To apply, email Mike Workman, Director of Coaching, at firstname.lastname@example.org