Hours per week 35 hrs per week (annualised according to the annual events calendar)
Suggested Shift Pattern 35 hours per week as directed by the events programme
Location Office location – Badminton Wales HQ, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
National coverage in line with events programme
Reports to Head of Operations
1. Job Purpose
The Programme Coordinator is responsible for establishing and delivering an effective annual events programme that supports delivering the BW mission – To grow the number of people playing badminton in Wales and the number of Welsh players winning medals in domestic and international tournaments.
The Programme Coordinator works in partnership with local tournament organisers, Badminton Europe, and other partners for the successful delivery of a diverse annual events calendar, maximising resources available and ensuring events are delivered to a high quality and continually improved. It will be your duty to organise venues, monitor invites and process risk assessments, amongst other key events tasks as set out below. You will deliver to agreed targets, report on progress and communicate frequently with staff and volunteers in relation to the annual events calendar.
This is a hands-on events role for which you will be the lead person in relation to all logistics and queries. This position is made by Badminton Wales and the individual is protected by and subject to the disciplinary codes, policies and practices of Badminton Wales.
2. Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Consult with local County Associations, Clubs and Volunteers in planning the annual events calendar
• Agree the annual events calendar with the BW Team ensuring alignment with the player pathway (junior and senior)
• Publish the annual events calendar online ensuring ease of access and entry
• Ensure the annual events calendar is complimentary to other domestic, national, and international events organised by Home Countries, Badminton Europe, and BWF
• Deliver events to a high standard and ensure all appropriate documentation is completed and filed correctly, including (but not limited to) event plan, risk assessment, profit/loss summary, accident form, volunteer register
• Manage the events budget and report monthly on income and expenditure
• Recruit, develop and manage a team of volunteers to assist in the delivery of the events calendar. These volunteers will include tournament organisers, line judges and umpires
• Aid the development of the BW Officials Pathway
• As part of the annual events calendar, organise Officials’ training and ensure the progression of Welsh officials supporting their deployment across domestic, national, and international competitions
• Responsible for the tournament handbook, including updating tournament rules and regulations as required
• Promotion and marketing of events
• Produce web reports for all BW events
• Create a Senior and Junior rankings list in partnership with the Performance Manager and keep this updated based on domestic and national events
• Develop new approaches to delivering events based around a more commercial approach
• Organise Coach Education Calendar including book Venues, Tutors, Assessors
• Promote Coach Education online and through networks
• Any other responsibilities as required by the business and directed by your line manager
• Knowledge of the strategic objectives of Badminton Wales
• The ability to communicate effectively and develop and maintain positive relationships with volunteers in executing the annual events calendar
• Ability to prioritise time, work efficiently, and deliver to time and budget
• Highly organised and has excellent attention to detail
• Ability to positively and effectively support a small group of staff
• Ability to work under pressure
• Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic
• Knowledge and experience of organizing events
4. Additional Information
• Attend appropriate CPDs and meetings as agreed by the Head of Operations.
• As the post may involve working with children and young people, the post holder will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check
• This post will require the post holder to carry out work during evening and weekends periods in line with the Events calendar. Badminton Wales do not operate an overtime policy, you will be required to undertake all hours as part of your contracted role
• The role requires travel, and therefore the jobholder must be able and prepared to travel independently and extensively throughout Wales and have a full UK driving license
• The working hours are flexible and need to be managed in line with the events calendar
• The appointment is made by Badminton Wales and the individual is subject to the policies and practices of Badminton Wales.
• This description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive as there may be other duties and responsibilities which Badminton Wales may call upon the post-holder to perform
5. To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 18th May 2018.
Interviews 23rd May 2018 – Sport Wales National Centre, Cardiff.
Please include your name and the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject of your email.