SPORTS COACHES WANTED (Welsh Speaking)
PlaySports are looking to recruit dynamic individuals who are enthusiastic and motivated to gain experience and develop a career in sport and P.E. We are looking for coaches who want children to take part in sport, enjoy exercise and gain new interests. Coaches also need to develop children’s basic techniques in sport and promote health through fun physical activity.
Duties will include planning and delivering educational and enjoyable sports sessions targeted at children aged 3 to 11. These sessions will take place through a variety of services such as breakfast clubs, PPA & supply cover, lunchtime sport and after school club sport.
Working hours are between 7:30am & 6pm, and are based before, during and after the school day. Therefore, we are looking for flexible individuals who are interested in both casual and part time roles. Please ask for further details during the interview process.
The following points are essential:
- Ability to speak fluent Welsh.
- Relevant A level (or equivalent) qualification in a sports related subject (e.g. BTEC sports coaching/development).
- Full Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
- The ability to plan, deliver and evaluate a variety of fun and structured sessions to KS1 and KS2 children.
- Excellent leadership and behaviour management skills.
- The ability to communicate well with key partners such as school teachers, PlaySports staff and other relevant personnel.
- The ability to work as part of a team and as an individual under your own initiative.
The following points are desirable (you can possess one or more of these, and/or be working towards):
- A current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- First Aid Award.
- Child Protection/Safeguarding Award.
- A relevant degree qualification in sport, dance or drama at Second Class Honours (2:2) or above.
- A variety of coaching qualifications at various levels (e.g. leaders awards, level 1 and level 2) in a number of sports.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and validation of references.
To apply, send a brief covering letter outlining the points above; please also state what you’re currently doing and your availability between 7:30am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 9th February