Active IQ Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sports Development
PlaySports are looking to recruit Apprentice Sports Coaches to cover a wide ranging role. This opportunity will allow individuals to learn, develop and apply their skills in the working environment as well as set the foundations to build a career in sport.
Duties will include planning and delivering varied sports sessions targeted at children aged 3-11 on a weekly basis. These sessions will take place before, during and after the school day; for example, breakfast sports clubs, covering teacher’s PPA time and providing lunchtime sport activities, along with after school club sport sessions. Successful applicants will also be expected to take up an office based position to develop a variety of skills and have a positive effect in order to develop and improve our business.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver safe and enjoyable sports sessions with the aim of developing children’s fundamental movement skills, basic techniques in sport and promote health through physical activity. Individuals should also demonstrate the desire to learn and develop skills in a fast paced office environment.
During this time you would be expected to assist the PlaySports staff members and other relevant personnel with any duties requested of you.
Hours will vary between 7:30am & 6pm, and you can be offered between 25 to 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This allows you to work for PlaySports alongside studying for your apprenticeship as well as any other commitments. Please ask for further details during the interview process where this can be discussed.
Duration: Apprenticeship Agreement (minimum 12 months).
Wage Type: Apprentice; Inc. Mileage.
Location: Playworks PlaySports Head Office, CF83 1BQ, and various settings as directed and agreed by senior management.
The following points are essential:
- Full Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to plan and deliver fun, structured sessions and activities to primary school aged children.
- Ability to communicate well with key partners such as school teachers, PlaySports staff and other relevant personnel.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a time scale.
- Desire to achieve additional qualifications whilst learning and gaining new experiences.
The following points are desirable (you can possess one or more of these, and/or be working towards):
- A Sports Leaders award or awards.
- A minimum of a level 1 or 2 National Governing Body Coaching Award (or equivalent) in sport.
- First Aid Award.
- Child Protection/Safeguarding Award.
- Ability to speak fluent Welsh.
- A variety of coaching qualifications in a number of sports.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and validation of references.
To apply, send a brief covering letter outlining the points above; please also state what you’re currently doing and your availability between 7:30am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, along with your CV to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday 30th November 2018.