Salary – £34,920 to £42,900 per annum subject to current pay and grading review
Location – Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Contract – 12 months MAT cover from March 2019 – February 2020
Sport Wales would be willing to consider a secondment for this period. Please discuss this with your current employer when applying.
Hours – 37 hours per week
We now have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Performance Advisor to join our Institute Team. In this role, you will develop influential relationships with Performance Directors and other key NGB staff to ensure the building of a sustainable sporting system that consistently delivers medals at the major multi-sport Games. You will support sports to plan for the long term in their development of future talent, ensuring a holistic and planned approach to athlete development. You will help to ensure that those athletes capable of delivering here and now have access to high quality performance support services. You will create environments that enable people to go beyond their current potential and achieve success through sport.
Main Duties Include
Strategy and Leadership
- Develop excellent, trusted relationships using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods with internal and external partners in order to:
- Support and challenge strategic ambitions
- Drive transformational change
- Gain the support and commitment of relevant parties in the pursuit of agreed outcomes
- Manage conflict to reduce tension in antagonistic situations while addressing underlying issues
- Work as part of the performance advisor team and with senior, strategic members of the performance support services team to identify common areas of challenge and opportunity in delivering against the elite sport strategy
- Invest strategically in partners with the highest potential to deliver against the elite sport strategy and be accountable for making informed and evidence-based recommendations regarding the level of financial investment required by partners
Management and Delivery
- Assimilate and analyse different types of evidence, data and insight to inform strategic and operational decision making, supporting partners to do the same
- Drive the use of the focus tool with partners. Accountable for ensuring information in the tool is live and accurate and informs the performance management process
- Promote athlete centred, coach led programmes which ensure that athletes with medal potential are given the support they need to succeed, using your experience of developing individualised athlete performance plans
- Support partners to build elite systems that identify and develop talented athletes for future success, using your expertise to highlight developmental areas of sports performance pathways
For further information, including a person specification, please see the Job Advert and Job Description below:
Closing date: 17:00 on Monday 18 February 2019.
Interview date for shortlisted candidates: TBC Likely to be Friday 1 March, Monday 4 March or Tuesday 5 March
To apply for this role, please click here