ADMINISTRATION OFFICER – CHAMPIONSHIPS
Job Title: Administration Officer, Championships. Salary Band: £16-19,000
Hours: 35 hours weekly on average.
The post holder will be required to work additional hours at peak times during the year to meet the needs of Wales Golf
Wales Golf is looking to recruit a full time Administration Officer based at its offices in Catsash, Newport, South Wales. The successful candidate will be part of a small administration team and will assist Wales Golf in achieving its objectives by carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks, both independently and as part of a team. Proven ability in core administration tasks is essential as is good computer literacy. A knowledge of golf and its administration would be an advantage although not essential.
The main function of the role will be to provide support for all areas of Championship administration including: –
- Preparation of entry forms; maintaining computerised championship entry databases; producing and distributing start times; preparation of scorecards; booking hotel accommodation; sourcing championship equipment; ordering trophies, medals and prizes; general rules queries; arranging bi-annual rules school
Other functions of the role will include the following but are not exhaustive: –
- General office and reception duties including receiving, dealing and re-directing enquiries and calls relating to all Wales Golf’s activities; typing of letters, minutes, agendas and reports, photocopying, filing, organising meetings, making travel and accommodation bookings; updating the website.
- Providing support for the other departments as and when required
- Any other duties as befits an administrative function
The candidate must possess the following: –
- Excellent administrative and typing skills and a professional telephone manner
- Good working knowledge of Excel, and Word
- Flexible attitude towards working and an ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to maintain an excellent standard of work when working under pressure
If you have the knowledge, desire and passion to contribute to the success of Wales Golf, can help us deliver our strategic goals and want the chance to join our vibrant team please download the full role description and person specification from our website (www.walesgolf.org) and go to the about us section. To apply please complete and return the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (no CVs please) and email for the attention of email@example.com
Applications close on Wednesday 18th December 2019. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 8th January 2020
WALES GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.