Welsh Gymnastics is seeking to appoint a dynamic and forward-thinking Communications and Marketing Manager to join our passionate and knowledgeable team based in the Welsh Gymnastics Office in Sport Wales National Centre, Cardiff.
Welsh Gymnastics is the National Governing Body for gymnastics in Wales. It is a highly regarded sport in Wales reaching a target audience of over 25,000 members. It has an ambitious vision for Wales to be recognised as a leading gymnastics nation that creates great communities and champions. As the National Governing Body, we have the responsibility for the structure of the sport; delivering a range of opportunities across the age spectrum; encouraging people to take part and remain within gymnastics, as well as developing talent and delivering top-level success.
Welsh Gymnastics has the potential to reach an even wider audience through its unique provision and partnerships within new settings as well as contributing significantly to the Welsh Government Wellbeing agendas.
We are seeking to grow and in doing so continue to build vibrant, inclusive communities where every participant has fun, develops skills, builds friendships and has the opportunity to reach their potential and in doing so has a positive impact on their communities.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and package of up to £30,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) + contributory pension scheme + 25 days annual leave.
Posted: Friday 26th April 2019 Closing Date: Friday 24th May 2019
Hours: Full Time Location: Cardiff (with travel required)
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependent on experience Benefits: Contributory Pension Scheme + 25 days Annual Leave
Job Type: Permanent
The Communications Manager Role
This is an important role for Welsh Gymnastics as it enters a period of great opportunity.
The overall purpose is to increase awareness of Welsh Gymnastics, heighten its profile and holistically promote the positive impact that gymnastics can have on the lives of all people in Wales.
This role will also focus on connecting, uniting and building a sense of community amongst key existing and new stakeholders by building Welsh Gymnastics’ brand, communicating its vision and mission and increasing participation across Wales. In collaboration with others, the job-holder will connect and unite with the key audiences who deliver gymnastics (clubs and coaches) through a mix of modern communication platforms.
The successful applicant will need to be an execution-orientated, self- starter and self-navigator who can prioritise projects versus tasks in a fast-paced environment and balance the demands of multiple projects.
The candidate will have an empathy for gymnastics and understand the benefits the sport can bring to society and the individual.
It is anticipated that occasional evening and weekend work will be required as part of this role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with senior leaders develop and oversee the delivery of the Welsh Gymnastics’ communications action plan aligned to the Champions and Communities 2022 strategy to improve engagement with existing and non-traditional audiences.
- Become the Brand Champion, spokesperson and advocate for Welsh Gymnastics ensuring that communications are always consistent with its brand and positively portray the organisational Values, Vision and Mission.
- Manage, develop and deliver communication activity for Welsh Gymnastics that promotes and inspires participation in gymnastics throughout Wales , driving improvements in engagement, knowledge and satisfaction of key audience groups (e.g. clubs and coaches).
- Produce, develop and maintain an agreed editorial communications and social media calendar and publish agreed multi-media content designed for key audiences.
- Responsible for creating, editing and managing content across Welsh Gymnastics’ on-line and off-line platform.
- Accountable for Welsh Gymnastics Website ensuring easily accessible , relevant , engaging content.
- Manage the social media community and their responses to ensure Welsh Gymnastics is always portrayed positively.
- Identify new trends and insight to recommend new beneficial features, functionality and communication channels.
- Find, implement and utilise efficient analytics to track, report and measure the effectiveness of activity against KPIs, plus recommend areas for improvement.
- Assist the wider team in the creation of engaging multimedia content, such as GIFs, memes, photos and videos to support the wider network.
- Support colleagues and partners, through guided provision to utilise social media channels to promote products and campaigns and initiatives.
- Promote equality and diversity objectives and ensure that the ethos of Gymnastics for All is embedded throughout Welsh Gymnastics’ organisational communication.
- There may be other reasonable duties as and when required by the manager and/or business.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th May 2019. Interview date: w/c 3rd June 2019.
If you would like to join our team as Communications and Marketing Manager, or find out more about the role, then please contact email@example.com today – I’d love to hear from you!
To apply please submit a completed application form, curriculum vitae, an Equal Opportunities monitoring form and signed privacy notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welsh Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Unfortunately, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
More information on the job specification can be found via the following link: