- This event has passed.
Building Stronger Communities Through Sport – Free Event
July 17 – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- « Multi Sport (club) Time to Listen – Cardiff
- The Road to Resilience for Sport in Wales – WSA Symposium »
In an age of austerity and public funding cuts, the Third Sector in Wales plays an increasingly significant role in supporting young people and communities to survive and thrive. With the sustainability of Third Sector provision under increasing pressure also, this event explores:
- The resilience and sustainability challenges facing volunteer led groups.
- The role of Sport for Development and maximising the social impact of sport.
- The learnings from Sported’s interventions in Wales.
- Improving collaboration between community organisations in Wales.
Our Keynote Speaker is John Rose, Director, Big Lottery Fund Wales.
This FREE event promises to be an engaging and interactive morning, emersing Sport, Youth and Community sector groups and agencies in a focused discussion on Building Stronger Communities Through Sport.
There will be lots of opportunity for networking too on the day.