Introduction to Fundraising
June 4 – 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- « Wayne Goldsmith Club Solutions Evenings – Clubs and Parents – the key to sporting success
- Sported’s South Wales Meet & Greet »
A practical introduction to the profession, covering the basic principles and best practices of fundraising. This course is designed to help you better understand and improve your organisation’s fundraising activities and learn why your relationship with your donors and supporters is critical to success.
Who is this course for?
This one-day course is for individuals who are new to the sector, are considering a career change or have less than six months experience and want to improve their fundraising knowledge.
What will you learn?
Delivered by experienced trainers based locally to you, by the end of the course you will understand:
- The role of fundraising in your organisation and the wider non-profit environment
- How to ensure your fundraising is legal and ethical
- How to analyse the impact of the fundraising environment on your fundraising practice
- The fundraising planning process and your role within it
- How to compare different sources of funding for your organisation
- How to create appropriate supporter communications, designed to develop relationships
The day will start with registration and refreshments at 9:30am, the course will start properly at 10am and finish at 4:30pm. Lunch will be provided and there will be morning and afternoon breaks.