Responsible to: Chair of Tennis Wales Ltd
Salary & Hours: Voluntary
About the role
Tennis Wales is the Governing Body of tennis with an exciting vision for the future. In partnership with the Lawn Tennis Association & Sport Wales we aim to open tennis up to more people. Tennis Wales support a growing infrastructure of 86 registered tennis venues, 22 Local Authorities, 220 schools and a superb network of charitable partners & sponsors.
Tennis Wales is looking to recruit a voluntary Finance Director to fill a vacant board position and as part of our new Vision Plan, we are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and professional person who can help us achieve our Vision of ‘Tennis Opened Up’.
The Finance Director is responsible for advising the Board on all financial matters and provides leadership in the areas of finance, accounting, tax, budgeting and internal controls.
This is a non-salaried position. Travel and other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed for attendance at official meetings and events on behalf of Tennis Wales. The Tennis Wales Board meets five times a year and there may be other additional activities. The term of office is for three years initially with a maximum of two, three-year terms.
- Advise the Board on all financial matters and prepare reports as necessary.
- Ensure the preparation of financial statements, financial reports and other analyses as required.
- Oversee the company’s VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and other tax affairs.
- Coordinate the provision of quarterly management accounts and prepare reports for the Board.
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive oversee the preparation of the annual budget and present to the Board.
- Guide and support the Chief Executive in the management of the Company’s accounting systems and internal controls.
- Liaise with the external auditors on all aspects of the annual accounts and tax returns.
- Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure compliance with financial legal and regulatory requirement
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a company director
- Ideally, a recognised accounting qualification i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACMA, with senior-level finance experience
- Experience of Sage desirable
Tennis Wales is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes applications from all interested individuals.
To apply please submit a full current CV and a covering letter outlining the following points:
- Why you want to be part of the Tennis Wales Board
- What skills and attributes you would bring to the Board
- Your relevant experience
- How much time you can commit to the role
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Thursday 28th February. Applications should be sent to Maria Rees at Tennis Wales Ltd, Francis House, Drake Walk, Brigantine Place, Cardiff CF10 4AN (or email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interview dates for shortlisted candidates will be agreed on an individual basis.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Disclosure Form.