Salary: Competitive & Extensive Benefits Package
Role: Full Time (Permanent Position)
Responsible to Head of Corporate Services Based in Newport
Location: Dragon Park, Newport
Closing date: 18th January 2019
Interviews week commencing 28th January 2019
Purpose of the role
The Grounds Maintenance Manager has responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the pitches, in addition to general upkeep of surrounding outdoor areas. They must ensure that the facilities are available and of a high standard to meet our strategic objectives for national teams, emerging talent programmes, workforce development and participation.
Scope of the role
The post holder should have proven experience in maintaining a similar sports facility to a high standard and have proven experience in supervising staff and budget management. They should also be fully knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations and possess a thorough understanding of legislation regarding the storage and use of chemicals and dangerous substances.
Professional Competence/ Qualifications
- National Vocational Qualification Level 4 Amenity Horticulture and Sports Turf Management; or
- IOG National Diploma in Turfculture
- BTEC/HND/HNC in Turf Science and Sports Ground Management
- Minimum of five years sports pitch maintenance to a high standard specification
- Formal training in manual handling and risk assessment
- Two years staff management and supervision
- Proven budget development and financial budget planning and control skills
- Full UK clean driving licence
- Enhanced DBS disclosure
To apply for this exciting opportunity please visit www.fawtrust.cymru/get-involved/vacancies to complete an online application form.