Sophia Gardens stadium is the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club and we are recruiting to fulfil the role of Groundsperson.
Role: Part time
Hours of work: Fixed term position between 1st April 2019 and 30th September 2019. (You will be required to work evenings and weekends in the summer as events dictate).
Location: Glamorgan Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens Stadium, Cardiff, CF11 9XR. Start date: April 2019
Deadline: February 28th 2019
The successful candidate will assist the Head Groundsman and his team in the preparation of pitches, practice nets, outfield and other areas of the Sophia Gardens and its out grounds to First Class and International standards.
• Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the playing surfaces, outfield and practice facilities at the stadium to first class and international standards
• Assisting and taking direction from the Head Groundsman in placing and removing covering and surface water from the playing area for all matches played at the stadium
• Assisting with the setup of practice nets and practice facilities
• To ensure that all turf machinery used at the stadium is well kept, cleaned and maintained in good condition and to ensure that all breakdowns are reported without delay so that corrective action can be taken
• To be willing to learn from others and have an open minded approach to all matters concerning the preparation of pitches
• To be a good time keeper and willing to work long hours, weekends and bank holidays due to the nature of the job
• Take direction from the Head Groundsman and fulfil any reasonable requests or duties required
• To assist the Head Groundsman in keeping a safe working environment at all times
• To work closely with the Head Groundsman and all other members of the department to deliver high operational standards within the stadium and its out grounds.
Applicants ideally must live within daily travelling distance of Cardiff and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
If you wish to apply for the position please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Head Groundsman, Glamorgan County Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff. CF11 9XR.