Time Commitment – Approximately 1 day per month, there are 5 Board meetings annually and Board members may be asked to lead on a specific area of work or represent the organisation at other relevant meetings or events.
Remuneration – The position is voluntary and all reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be paid.
Location – Flexible, although most meetings are in Cardiff, by phone, skype or video conference.
Closing Date – Noon on 22 February 2019 with interviews taking place early March.
Non-Executive Director – Finance Role
The Finance Director is responsible for advising the Board on all financial matters and provides leadership in the areas of finance, accounting, tax, budgeting and internal controls.
- Advise the Board on all financial matters and prepare reports as necessary
- Ensure the preparation of financial statements, financial reports and other analyses as required
- Oversee the company’s VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and other tax affairs
- Coordinate the provision of quarterly management accounts and prepare reports for the Board
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive oversee the preparation of the annual budget and present to the Board
- Guide and support the Chief Executive in the management of the Company’s accounting systems and internal controls
- Liaise with the external auditors on all aspects of the annual accounts and tax returns
- Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure compliance with financial legal and regulatory requirements
Qualifications and experience required
- Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a company director
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant i.e. ACA, ACCA, ACMA, with senior-level financial experience
For more information please see the below Role Description
To apply for this role, click here