Don’t Drop the Ball – #Dontdroptheball
In preparation for the easing of restrictions and the phased return to sport and physical activity, the WSA has identified some resources for organisations, facilities, clubs and individuals to consider, as they begin to plan for the return to play. #Dontdroptheball
Guidance and Regulations
Keeping abreast of the latest regulations, guidance and advice can be a full time job in itself. Stay ahead of the game, #Dontdroptheball make the necessary preparations for the safe return to activities. Familiarise yourself with the latest Welsh Government Regulations, Welsh Government Regulations FAQs, Coronavirus Control Plan – Alert Levels in Wales and Coronavirus control plan: revised alert levels in Wales (March 2021) Organised children’s outdoor activity: frequently asked questions & the latest announcement from Welsh Government COVID-19 restriction relaxations in Wales brought forward (23rd April 2021)
- The WSA has a hub of information for good practice for the phased return to sport – including duty of care guidance, FAQs on hygiene in sport, information on testing for sport in Wales, risk assessment templates, signage guidance and a range of other helpful resources. #Dontdroptheball utilise these resources!
- The WSA continue to run sector Business Contiunuity Webinars every 3 weeks, in-line with the First Ministers announcements. WSA Member ‘Points of Contact’ & Chairs can access these live Business Continuity webinars with Welsh Government and Sport Wales representatives. All members, including the NGBs not-for-profit sports clubs can access the recordings of the Business Continuity webinars. These regular webinars offer the latest developments, policies and updates from around the sector. #Dontdroptheball keep abreast of developments and attend these live sessions, or access the WSA’s website for recordings (contact the team for WSA member log-in details).
- Subscibe to the WSA newsletter and review the latest News section on the website, as well as Social Media – for regular articles and updates on issues across the sector.
- Covid-19 Awareness Course – #Dontdroptheball this online training course has been created specifically for the sport and leisure sector to help ensure clubs, coaches and host facilities are following relevant government guidelines and provide a positive re-introduction to sport and leisure for all participants.
Insurance & Risk Assessments
#Dontdroptheball is your current insurance policy fit for purpose? Ensure that you have the most appropriate cover to face the challenges that lie ahead – from the increased risk, to cyber security linked to virtual working, to possible travel and event disruptions caused by the pandemic.
- Our official insurance brokers Watkin Davies offer free, independent insurance reviews for WSA members. Their dedicated Sport Insurance Division specialise in working with organisations and clubs to find tailored policies at competitive prices. To take advantage of this offer please visit our dedicated insurance webpage or contact the team.
- Watkin Davies can also review your current Covid Risk Assessments. For template and example risk assessments, see our Covid-19 Resources hub.
#Dontdroptheball use this time to review your safeguarding and welfare measures, and ensure you are up to speed with the latest safeguarding requirements.
- DBS – the WSA offers the only online bilingual service in Wales and it is also the most competitve on price. WSA members enjoy discounted rates. Visit our Safeguarding and DBS checking service web page for further details, or contact the team.
- Safeguarding Training – #Dontdroptheball ensure you are prepared from a safeguarding standpoint. Please see our Safeguarding Training page for various courses, including the popular Time To Listen course aimed at helping Club Welfare Officers fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities.
#Dontdroptheball are you aware of your legal responsibilities – or do you need advice or guidance on any legal matters? Operating during Covid may bring about additional legal matters that need addressing – such as potential employment disputes or additional data protection requirements.
- Contact our partners at Loosemores Solicitors for expert advice and services on a wide range of legal matters. Loosemores offer our members a Free one-hour helpline service per matter, so please utilise the helpline service if needed.
- Attend one of our upcoming Covid-19 Duty of Care & Compliance Webinars – a sport-specific course delivered to cover several legal and practical matters – including differentiating between guidance and regulations; how to collect data for TTPS; and the roles and requirements of ‘Covid-Officers’ and ‘Responsible Persons’.
#Dontdroptheball are your organisations first aid certificates up to date? Are you aware of the latest protocols and guidance for first aiders during coronavirus?
- St John Cymru offer a full range of First Aid courses, including bespoke sports first aid courses, which can be tailored around the needs of individual sports. WSA members receive generous discounts on training, event cover and first aid products – visit our First Aid webpage for details.
Communications and Digital
#Dontdroptheball – look at secure, innovative ways of working. Engaging with members and public will help organisations adapt and even thrive in the current climate.
- Membership management – Sport:80 have already helped many of our members with their sophisticated yet easy-to-use sports management systems – and there’s a WSA pricing model for WSA members to benefit from. Look out for their series of webinars over the coming months, on how to make the most out of their platform as sport opens up.
- Our Cyber Security hub contains a comprehensive list of guidance notes and tools that are designed to support individuals and organisations when it comes to enhancing cyber security awareness and practices.
- Telecommunications – WSA are teaming up with Croft Communications to provide members with the latest telecoms solutions at the very best prices. Members can also secure kick-backs for their organisation and clubs through Croft’s Grassroots Initiative. Please contact the team for further information.
- Livestreaming – Members can now access a preferential deals on innovative and simple to use streaming solutions from Joymo. It’s an opportunity to engage with fans, enhance participant experience and generate income through ticket sales. Contact the team for further information.