Q. What is the Welsh Sports Association (WSA)?
A. The WSA is the membership body for sport and active recreation in Wales, charged with the task of providing advocacy and a gateway to business development services for the sector.
Q. What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- Multiple use access allows you to pass on your membership benefits to your member clubs*
- Advocacy support: we voice our members’ opinions and concerns to Ministers, policy officials and other decision makers
- The opportunity to join our Policy Group and help shape our advocacy work
- Free consultancy advice from Finance and Governance consultants
- Free online resources and templates to help with governance and leadership
- Helpline services for Tax, VAT, Pensions and Incorporation (including CASC and Charitable Status)
- Access to pro bono legal services via the Legal Panel Framework
- Business and enterprise support, in partnership with Business Wales
- Discounted rates for our comprehensive range of training courses
- Acorn Executive Recruitment Service
- Preferential rates on all insurance products via our official broker and underwriting services
- Regular e-newsletter to keep you up-to-date with issues and opportunities that matter to the sector
- Free advertising for your paid and voluntary vacancies
- Top tips from industry experts on developing a career in the sports industry
- Promotion of your activities via our social media networks
- Membership logo use on your website and marketing materials
- To ensure the best value for money for our members, we are always looking for new services and benefits. To see the most up to date perks, please visit our member benefits page
*Exclusions & Conditions apply, contact our Membership Team for further details.
Q. How can I become a member of the WSA?
A. Membership is open to all organisations in Wales operating within the field of sports and active recreation.
For further membership information, please see the links below:
Further Membership details (opens in new window)
Membership application form (119k)
Q. How do I find details of WSA training services?
WSA offers a comprehensive range of training services designed specifically for the Sport and Active Recreation sector. Member discounts are available on all courses. Click here for our events calendar and to book a place on our upcoming courses.
Q. How can I subscribe to the WSA e-newsletter?
The WSA’s weekly e-newsletter provides governing bodies and organisations with the latest information on policies, legislation, news and vacancies within sport and recreation.
To subscribe to our e-newsletter, please click the button below.
Q. How do I login to the members area of the WSA website?
Each member organisation is provided with login details. If you require login details please contact our Business Support Manager at: email@example.com
To login click here
Q. What are the contact details of the Welsh Sports Association?
You can write to:
Welsh Sports Association
C/o National Centre
Directions can be viewed on this map.
If you have any further queries please telephone 029 2033 4974 or contact us.