Welsh Government Policy Documents
- Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015
- The Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act came into force on April 1st 2017 and is about improving the social, economic, environmental and cultural well-being of Wales.
- It is an overarching piece of legislation that will make the public bodies listed in the Act think more about the long-term, work better with people and communities and each other, look to prevent problems and take a more joined-up approach.
- This will help us to create a Wales that we all want to live in, now and in the future.
- Watch this informative video.
- There are factsheets on the five’Ways of Working’ within the Act here.
Sport in Wales
Welsh Government Sports Policy
Sport Wales’ Key Publications:
- Physical Literacy – an all-Wales approach to increasing levels of physical activity for children and young people
- Completed by the Schools and Physical Activity Task and Finish Group.
- This is often referred to as the Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson review.
- Successful Futures: Independent review of curriculum and assessment arrangements in Wales
- Otherwise known as the ‘Donaldson Review’.
- The Welsh Government has since announced it accepts all of its recommendations.
- Mind the gap: Differences in attitudes to health and health improvement across Welsh society
- A report by Public Health Wales and Bangor University highlights stark differences in health-related opinions between people in Wales depending on their age and employment, and how they live their lives.
- Driving Prosperity for All through Investing for Health and Well-being
- A new guide to help decision-makers improve health and wellbeing in Wales with value-for-money priority action to prevent ill-health.
- Getting Wales Moving
- This is the joint publication between Sport Wales and Public Health Wales which looks at how to make the nation more physically active
- The Withdrawal Agreement – Implications for Wales – National Assembly for Wales Research Service Briefing
- How to prepare if there is no Brexit deal for when Britain leaves the EU – UK Government Guidance
- How Brexit will Affect the Sport Industry – Penningtons Manches LLB briefing
- Wales Civil Society Forum on Brexit – A host of information including timelines and resources
- UK Shared Prosperity Fund – House of Commons Research Service
The WSA acts as one voice for its members, lobbying with politicians, policy makers and decision makers.
If you have any concerns about current policy or would like us to put forward your feedback as part of a consultation, please do get in touch.