- Feb 28 2022
- 6:30 pm
‘Investment in Welsh Sport’ – Wales Week in London
The Welsh Sports Association invites those with an interest in Welsh sport to attend an evening reception, at the Barbican Centre, as part of Wales Week in London.
The drinks reception will start at 18.30 on the 28th of February 2022, before a showpiece panel discussion on the ‘Investment in Welsh Sport’.
Our superb panel includes:
- Richard Davies – international sport, media and entertainment rights expert
- Dylan Pugh – Managing Director of Sports Industry Group
- Noel Mooney – CEO, Football Association of Wales
- Victoria Ward – CEO, Welsh Sports Association
Within the discussion, our panellists will be predominantly focusing on the following topics:
- Rights-holders and commercial partners must innovate to remain relevant in a changing media and consumer landscape.
- Sponsorships must evolve from mere badging exercises, there should be purpose and social impact through sport sponsorship.
- Financing grassroots facilities, sponsorship, development costs are essential to growing sport.
- Philanthropic investment will only come when sport starts to identify as being a good cause.
The discussion and Q&A will be chaired by former international squash player, Adrian Davies.
The event will be relevant to all those involved in Welsh sport – from those at the very top, to those at grassroots level.
So, if you take an interest in Welsh sport, then this event is for you! We look forward to seeing you there!
To confirm your place at this must-see event, book your tickets through Eventbrite.