Migration Advisory Committee’s Review of the Shortage Occupation List (SOL)
The Home Office are leading a review into the ‘Shortage Occupation List’ and this is your chance to submit any comments or evidence on behalf of the sport and leisure sector.
Are there specific roles within your organisation that are difficult to recruit or is there a sudden increase in demand for a specific skillset?
The Call for Evidence which is currently live until Friday 26th May can be found here: Shortage Occupation List: call for evidence 2023 – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
If you intend to submit evidence, please consider the following;
- Provide as much information as possible to evidence what has been done to recruit domestically.
- What is being done to recruit those unemployed?
- What training is being put in place?
- Is there a gap between those retiring and those being trained?
- What about wages and terms and conditions? What are we doing to improve these if this is a barrier?
Please note that the SOL is occupation based, not sector based. This is important. Therefore, be specific about where the shortages are. Sport or events would not go on a list as it must be a specific role such as Lifeguard or Event Manager
The review is being undertaken by the Home Office and led independent advisor, Brian Bell.