DBS Application Process
The DBS Checking process
The process is very simple but we appreciate it can be daunting that first time. Here is a summary of the process and if you have any questions before starting, give our team a call on 02920 2033 4995
- An employer or organisation will create a DBS application for an applicant.
- The applicant will in turn receive an email from which they can complete the application – uniquely available in Welsh or English through the WSA DBS checking service.
- Applicant will then submit the completed application alongside necessary verifying documents.
- It will then rest upon the ID verifier to confirm the applicants identity by conducting the ID check.
- The DBS check itself is carried out, conducted by Government DBS service.
- Once the check is complete, the electronic result will be sent to the employer or organisation while a certificate will be sent to the applicant.
DBS Application Tracking
We strive to make the process as efficient, effortless, and worry-free as possible for all of our users but there is the possibility of delays while the DBS application is being checked. Usually, you can expect your result and certificate 2-3 weeks following the submission of your application, with a maximum threshold of 8 weeks – although there can of course be delays be delays.
The WSA has no power over the speed at which DBS applications are checked by the Government’s DBS service, but applicants and organisations are able to track the progress of their applications through the DBS tracker.
To track any Basic, Standard, or Enhanced DBS check, all you need is:
- The application reference number
- The applicant’s date of birth
- The applicant’s surname
You can find the respective tracking pages for Basic checks and Standard and Enhanced checks linked below:
“I have been in close contact with the WSA and more recently Vibrant Nation, using the DBS service for the past two years. I have found staff to be pleasant and accommodating and willing to assist with any queries. Any issues that have been raised have been dealt with promptly and efficiently. Staff are always pleasant, and willing to help.”Clive Chard, WRU