WSA announces new Financial Consultant for Members
The Welsh Sports Association (WSA) is pleased to have secured the services of an experienced financial consultant, who is immediately available to assist members with a range of financial services.
Recognising the gap left by David Vickery of Fairfax Financial Management, the WSA has acted quickly to secure an ACCA Qualified accountant, who has achieved FCCA Fellow status and boasts over 20 years, as the Head of Finance, at a large National Governing Body.
Some of the services that the consultant has provided in their extensive career include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and presentation of the quarterly accounts package for the Board of Directors, comprising of profit and loss account, balance sheet and a commentary of the major variances to the budget.
- Preparation and presentation of the statutory audited accounts to the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- Liaising with senior staff to compile annual budget, for presentation to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Liaising with the bank, regarding banking operations and management of the investment portfolio in line with company strategy.
- Liaising with HMRC officers during VAT, corporation tax and PAYE inspection visits.
- Managing cash flow and working capital requirements.
- Ensuring the organisation adopts the correct, stringent financial disciplines and the necessary control procedures, to ensure all transactions are properly recorded and assets are protected.
- Working in collaboration with auditors and tax advisors to minimise tax liabilities, to maximise the funds available for the sport.
- Administering the company’s pension provision.
- Ensure finance systems and procedures are compliant with all relevant HMRC regulations and government legislation.
- Instigating the replacement of payroll services provided by external consultants with an in-house solution, aimed at making year on year cost savings.
If this service is of interest, please contact me to book an appointment to discuss your requirements, as we can tailor a package to suit you.
Please note that this will be a bespoke service and priced accordingly and is not on the same terms as the existing WSA Finance Plus offer.