WSA to Host ‘Investment in Welsh Sport’ at Wales Week in London
With the event’s date creeping up on us, the Welsh Sports Association (WSA) are increasingly excited to invite those with an interest in Welsh sport to attend an evening reception, on the 28th of February 2022, at the Barbican Centre, as part of Wales Week in London.
Wales Week in London, now a programme with worldwide interest (with events also held in Paris, Melbourne, and Beijing, among others), is simply an annual showcase and celebration of all that is great about Wales.
With a plethora of activities and events, Wales Week enables Welsh organisations to promote their products and services, and develop new London-based audiences, partnerships, and connections.
Being a central part of Welsh culture, sport has its fair share of activity during Wales Week and, courtesy of the Welsh Sports Association, individuals and businesses will be able to enjoy a panel of sector leaders discussing areas of investment in Welsh sport.
A drinks reception will start at 18.30 on the 28th of February 2022, before a showpiece panel discussion on ‘Investment in Welsh Sport’.
Our superb panel includes:
- Richard Davies – international sport, media and entertainment rights expert
- Dylan Pugh – Managing Director of Sports Industry Group
- Noel Mooney – CEO, Football Association of Wales
- Victoria Ward – CEO, Welsh Sports Association
And within the discussion, our panellists will be predominantly focusing on the following topics:
- Rights-holders and commercial partners must innovate to remain relevant in a changing media and consumer landscape.
- Sponsorships must evolve from mere badging exercises, there should be purpose and social impact through sport sponsorship.
- Financing grassroots facilities, sponsorship, development costs are essential to growing sport.
- Philanthropic investment will only come when sport starts to identify as being a good cause.
The discussion and Q&A will be chaired by former international squash player, Adrian Davies.
The event will be relevant to all those involved in Welsh sport – from those at the very top, to those at grassroots level.
So, if you take an interest in Welsh sport, then this event is for you! We look forward to seeing you there!
To confirm your place at the event, book your tickets through Eventbrite.
For more information about Wales Week in London, click here.