Book your place at our Children’s Human Rights & Sport event
With under a week to go until the Welsh Sports Association (WSA), in partnership with the Children’s Commissioner for Wales, hosts its Children’s Human Rights & Sport event, we urge members to book their place!
Professor Sally Holland herself will be leading the interactive seminar, being held exclusively for WSA members on Wednesday 9th March.
Professor Sally Holland has been the Children’s Commissioner for Wales since April 2015. Her job is to tell people why children’s rights are so important, and to look at how the decisions made by public bodies in Wales, including Welsh Government, affect children’s rights.
Members shouldn’t miss the opportunity to listen and engage with her wealth of expertise as she leads the webinar, set to take place over Zoom, in which WSA members will be encouraged to participate in order to interactively discuss the issue of Children’s Human Rights & Sport.
The aim of the session will be to:
- Learn about children’s rights within the United Nations Convention for Children’s Rights and how they apply in the sports sector.
- Ensure that all participants understand their duties to protect and promote children’s human rights.
- Introduce how a Children’s Rights Approach can be applied in organisations.
- Share inspiring examples of how other national and local organisations in Wales are implementing a children’s rights approach.
- Facilitate discussion and planning by participants for applying a children’s rights approach to their organisations.
- All participants should leave the session with a greater understanding of how they already support children’s rights in their organisation and with a plan to support those rights further.
The session will be interactive and engaging with quizzes, exercises and discussions; and will contain vital information for your organisation’s safeguarding and resilience for the future – so don’t miss out!
The event is supported by the Child Protection in Sport Unit – Wales, NSPCC.
It is important to note that the webinar will be open exclusively to WSA member organisations and their affiliated clubs – so, members’ support in spreading the word and advertising within their own organisations would be greatly appreciated!
To book your place, please fill out the short from on our event’s page – here.