- Mar 09 2022
- 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Children’s Human Rights & Sport
The Welsh Sports Association, in partnership with the Children’s Commissioner for Wales, will be hosting an interactive seminar entitled Children’s Human Rights & Sport, open exclusively to WSA members and led by the Children’s Commissioner herself, Professor Sally Holland.
Professor Sally Holland has been the Children’s Commissioner for Wales since April 2015. Her job is to tell people why children’s rights are so important, and to look at how the decisions made by public bodies in Wales, including Welsh Government, affect children’s rights.
On Wednesday 9th March, she will lead an online seminar, in which WSA members will be encouraged to participate and engage in order to interactively discuss the issue of Children’s Human Rights & Sport.
The aims of the session will be to:
- Learn about children’s rights within the United Nations Convention for Children’s Rights and how they apply in the sports sector.
- Ensure that all participants understand their duties to protect and promote children’s human rights.
- Introduce how a Children’s Rights Approach can be applied in organisations.
- Share inspiring examples of how other national and local organisations in Wales are implementing a children’s rights approach.
- Facilitate discussion and planning by participants for applying a children’s rights approach to their organisations.
- All participants should leave the session with a greater understanding of how they already support children’s rights in their organisation and with a plan to support those rights further.
The session will be interactive and engaging with quizzes, exercises and discussions; and will contain vital information for your organisation’s safeguarding and resilience for the future – so don’t miss out!
This event is supported by the Child Protection in Sport Unit – Wales, NSPCC.
To view booking terms and conditions, click here.
To sign up, please complete the form below.