With the situation around COVID-19 changing almost hourly and the expectation that the virus will spread more widely in the UK over coming weeks, we’ve put together links to the latest information on what you can do to protect your employees and your business…
Advice from Public Health Wales – Updated daily at 11am
Their latest advisory poster can be downloaded here.
The current advice from ACAS is to:
- keep everyone updated on actions being taken to reduce risks of exposure in the workplace
- make sure everyone’s contact numbers and emergency contact details are up to date
- make sure managers know how to spot symptoms of coronavirus and are clear on any relevant processes, for example sickness reporting and sick pay, and procedures in case someone in the workplace shows symptoms of the virus
- make sure there are clean places to wash hands with hot water and soap, and encourage everyone to wash their hands regularly
- provide hand sanitiser and tissues for staff, and encourage them to use them
- reconsider any travel to affected areas: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
More information is available here: ACAS Advice for Employers and Employees
The UK Government announced in their recent Budget a plan to provide support for public service, individuals and businesses affected by Covid-19. HMRC has a set up a phone helpline to support businesses and self-employed people concerned about not being able to pay their tax due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you run a business or are self- employed and are concerned about paying your tax due to Coronavirus, you can call HMRC’s helpline for advice and guidance on 0800 0159 559.
For further information please visit:
or got to the GOV.UK website.
If anyone has any specific queries, don’t forget our helplines are on hand for members and their clubs.