WSA & ActiveXchange put data intelligence at the fingertips of sports, activity providers and local authorities across Wales
The Welsh Sports Association (WSA) are excited to announce a three-year partnership with ActiveXchange to establish a data intelligence-sharing network to better inform and connect the planning, funding and operational decisions made by national governing bodies, physical activity providers and local authorities across Wales.
This unprecedented initiative is set for launch in January 2023 with interest already high amongst members who have been privy to early demos of the solution!
ActiveXchange is a multi-award-winning data intelligence provider that generates market insights and predictive models to help partner organisations pinpoint and target participation growth opportunities, and evidence a wide range of current and potential social impacts. This enables these partners to better focus their own resources while connecting with key stakeholders on common data driven objectives. Ultimately it means the whole sector can unlock the full potential of its data, alongside other innovative datasets, and take a big collaborative step forward in 2023.
With offices in the UK, Australia and Canada, ActiveXchange works with over 100 sporting governing bodies and hundreds of leisure providers and local authorities, helping these partners generate physical activity, commercial and social value returns across their own respective communities.
WSA members can benefit from discounted rates on ActiveXchange’s services, which includes access to the SportsEye Wales platform. This data intelligence toolkit and partnership supports in the follow ways:
- Manage infrastructure data and related action plans in one place to understand gaps in provision and connect across priorities.
- Interactive heat mapping of current member location, member demand, and remaining predicted growth hotspots, including opportunities to collaborate with other sports as well as tiers of government.
- Track hourly, daily and monthly movement (usage) across facilities, using data sourced from millions of mobile phones every day, to better understand up-to-date participation, and then at risk and new opportunity locations and clubs.
- Evidence current and social impacts across a range of health, education, crime and productivity indicators.
- Identify new revenue generating opportunities, leveraging existing and new innovative datasets.
- Access the SportsEye Academy, a learning and development resource for the network to grow data confidence within every team, no matter your starting experience or level of expertise.
Referencing the partnership, ActiveXchange’s Founder, Alex Burrows, commented:
“The cost of living and stretched government budgets through 2023 and beyond means the industry needs to adapt, be bolder and more progressive, and fully leverage assets it already has at its fingertips, coupled with the latest innovations.
“ActiveXchange is proud and also privileged to provide these key services that sit at the intersection of our sector, helping smarter decisions to happen faster, organisations to collaborate more effectively, and ultimately shape more active and healthy communities right across Wales”.
The WSA’s Commercial Manager, Tom Sharp, added:
“The WSA is delighted to launch this exciting partnership with ActiveXchange, and at such a critical time.
“Having already seen the enthusiasm from across our membership to leverage this data intelligence partnership within their own sports and communities, we’re extremely excited to help support and expand this initiative.”
To take advantage of the range of the ActiveXchange services, to ask about the annual discounted WSA subscription rates, or to arrange a demo of the SportsEye Wales Platform please access the ActiveXchange Partner page.