WSA and Watkin Davies announce renewal of partnership to benefit the Welsh sport and leisure sector
The Welsh Sports Association (WSA) are hugely excited to announce the renewal of its partnership agreement with insurance consultants Watkin Davies.
Having been working together for three years already, WSA’s new agreement with Watkin Davies will see the partnership extended all the way to March 2027!
Based in Cardiff, Watkin Davies is one of Wales’ largest independent insurance brokers and are trusted insurance advisors to many individuals and businesses throughout the UK. In addition to the WSA, they are brokers and partners to the Football Association of Wales Trust, Fitness Industry Services CIC, and the Water Skills Academy.
Due to the success of their dedicated sports, leisure, media, and entertainment insurance division, they have grown the team with the addition of Chris Weeks. Chris has a vast amount of experience in this sector and will be leading the team in developing their sport relationships and specialist insurance markets while working closely with the WSA and their members.
The team will continue to develop and support the WSA and their growing membership base, by assisting members with their insurance enquires and providing cost assessments and reviews on existing insurance programmes.
Supported by a network of specialist Insurers who provide tailor-made and cost-effective solutions, Watkin Davies provide insurance solutions for Amateur and Professional Clubs, Coaches, Events, National Governing Bodies, Leisure Trusts and National Training Facilities.
They continuously work alongside these specialists to help develop and expand the existing range of insurance products on offer, with the additional focus on enhancing policy features and benefits, which ultimately provides robust cover for their clients.
The past three years have already yielded many highlights…
- WSA members have been able to benefit from Equipsme, Watkin Davies’ very own health and wellbeing plan for businesses. Their practical, simple, and cost-effective plan removes the cost and complexity away from more traditional health benefits and makes adopting one possible.
- Watkin Davies has been the registered broker that has permitted WSA members to access the Allianz Sports Fund, which provided sports clubs with grant funding in June and November of 2021, June of 2022, and will do so once more later this year.
- Members have been able to benefit from an online coaches’ insurance portal, manufactured in partnership between the WSA, Watkin Davies, and Sportscover Europe. Specifically created for coaches across Wales, the unique insurance product was developed through an understanding of exactly what coaches need from their insurance cover and was designed to reflect this.
- Watkin Davies has also supported the sector, offering guidance and advice as organisations planned their phased return to sport. Watkin Davies provided independent and confidential reviews so members could benchmark against their existing insurance policies.
- As the COVID-19 pandemic brought with it newly emerging risks, Watkin Davies provided guidance on a whole host of matters affected by an unprecedented couple of years; these included reviewing Business Interruption policy conditions, clauses and claims, Directors’ and Officers’ liability exposures, General and Employers’ liability exposures and Risk Management guidance for premises’ return to normal.
Together, the WSA and Watkin Davies are looking forward to the exciting, next chapter of the partnership.
Watkin Davies Managing Director, Gina Dixon, said:
“Watkin Davies are delighted to be renewing their partnership with the Welsh Sports Association.
“Over the last three years we have advised a growing number of Welsh Sports Association members in arranging their insurance portfolios as well as providing other key services and facilities to meet the extraordinary challenges set by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we look forward to working with other members in the future.”
WSA Commercial Manager Thomas Sharp added:
“We are delighted to renew our partnership agreement with Watkin Davies for a further 5 years.
“Our priority is to provide the best value for our members, and the Watkin Davies team can offer just that with such a strong independent insurance offering for the breadth of our membership, including national sports organisations, national & independent facilities, as well as sport clubs and individual coaches.
“We have been particularly impressed with the team’s ability to advise and consult with our members on a wide range of insurance matters; working with people who really understand sport and leisure gives us confidence that specialist advice is always at hand.”