Would you like to explore online fundraising, receive free training and unlock match funding?
WSA fundraising partner Localgiving has this week launched a new scheme where small charities and community groups who deliver engaging physical activities which help to overcome barriers to participation can receive a grant of £500. Perfect for clubs and associations all across Wales!
Localgiving is a not-for-profit fundraising organisation which has supported over 250 groups in Wales to raise money through online appeals and by encouraging fundraising activity. They have 400 grants available and are inviting applications to the ‘Magic Little Grants Fund’ (funded by Postcode Community Trust), from 15th May to 31st October 2018.
It is a very short and simple grant application so we really encourage you to give it a go!
To benefit from funding, projects need to either overcome ‘barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways’ or ‘increase social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities’.
As part of our partnership with Localgiving, WSA members with an income below £50k a year can sign up to their service for free and receive support for online fundraising throughout the year if they are successful in their grant application. Priority will be given to groups with an annual income of below £20k.
For those WSA members with an income above £50K, we have secured 25% off the Localgiving’s membership as well as free training. Please get in touch with us to receive your discount code.
Here are some of the great benefits WSA members can receive through the partnership:
- Access to Magic Little Grants, and as part of the grant, Localgiving membership for 12 months
- 25% off a 12 month Localgiving membership (pay just £72 instead of £96)
- Automated Gift Aid for all groups, whether registered charities or not (an extra 25% on top of donations)
- Free friendly support from trained fundraisers and a helpline
- Automatic inclusion in national match-funding campaigns to boost your fundraising (unlock more free money at regular times of the year)
- WSA organised free group training sessions for members
This is a fantastic opportunity to be supported in delivering new income streams, so if you have any queries please get in touch with Lauren Swain via email@example.com or Thomas Sharp via firstname.lastname@example.org