- Advocacy & Policy
- Helplines & Advice
- Creating Good Governance
- WSA Insurance
- Training Station
- Welsh Coaching Network Resources
- Workforce Consultancy
Keep up-to-date with policy affecting sports and recreation in Wales here.
Welsh Government Policy Documents
- Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015
- The Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act came into force on April 1st 2017 and is about improving the social, economic, environmental and cultural well-being of Wales.
- It is an overarching piece of legislation that will make the public bodies listed in the Act think more about the long-term, work better with people and communities and each other, look to prevent problems and take a more joined-up approach.
- This will help us to create a Wales that we all want to live in, now and in the future.
- Watch this informative video
Welsh Government Sport Policy
Sport Wales’ Key Publications:
- Sport Wales’ Vision 2018
- Vision (Pre 2018), Coaching Strategy, Corporate Plans, Elite Sport Strategy, Remit Letter from Welsh Government, Child Poverty Strategy, Community Strategy and Welsh Language Scheme.
- Physical Literacy – an all-Wales approach to increasing levels of physical activity for children and young people
- Completed by the Schools and Physical Activity Task and Finish Group.
- This is often referred to as the Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson review.
- Successful Futures: Independent review of curriculum and assessment arrangements in Wales
- Otherwise known as the ‘Donaldson Review’.
- The Welsh Government has since announced it accepts all of its recommendations.
- Getting Wales Moving
- This is the joint publication between Sport Wales and Public Health Wales which looks at how to make the nation more physically active.
The WSA acts as one voice for its members, lobbying with politicians, policy makers and decision makers. If you have any concerns about current policy or would like us to put forward your feedback as part of a consultation, please do get in touch.