Don’t Drop the Ball, the WSA campaign
The Welsh Sports Association (WSA) strives to enable its members and the wider sport and leisure sector to become stronger and more resilient. In turn, we hope our members can go on to help set up a society that’s fit for the future by providing people with every possible opportunity to maintain a healthy lifestyle in a happy and safe manner.
For organisations, facilities, clubs, and individuals to be able to contribute to this mission, it is imperative that they don’t forget their organisational and individual responsibilities and duties, and are aware of the opportunities that can support them in their growth and progression.
So, as a scorching summer nears its end to mark the return of many sports to our fields and children to schools, the WSA would like to remind members to take advantage of our campaign, #dontdroptheball, to be able to partake in and provide sport events and activities confidently, safely, and responsibly!
Collated into a bank of crucial, useful, and cost-effective resources, we have put together a selection of our services, partner offers, and external opportunities under the banner of a campaign entitled Don’t Drop the Ball to ensure that the sport and leisure sector… well… doesn’t drop the ball at this, or any, important time.
Within this bank you will be able to find:
- Insurance Solutions – to find tailored insurance policies and comprehensive cover, our insurance broker partners Watkin Davies can work with clubs and organisations while individual coaches can utilise our Coaches Portal.
- Financial Support – find links to some brilliant funding opportunities for the sport and leisure sector.
- Safeguarding Resources – learn more about our renowned DBS checking service which can ease the burden of a critical component of your safeguarding duties both as an organisation and as an individual, and find more information about our valuable safeguarding training.
- Governance Support – Find links to our partners CalQRisk, who can aid you in complying with the latest Frameworks, and Acorn, who are able to support in the recruitment of your Non-Executive Directors.
- Procurement Services – Cardiff-based procurement specialists 2buy2 are also WSA partners and are powering our Sport & Leisure Procurement Service, delivering the best value outcome for the sector.
- And much more!
To view our full collection of vital resources and services compiled so that you #dontdroptheball when it comes to your organisational and individual responsibilities, please visit our dedicated Don’t Drop the Ball page.
You can also find the full plethora of resources provided by the WSA on our Services page.
And to find out how to sign up for membership and take advantage of our benefits, visit our Become a Member page.